The Scott Stowell Alumni Excellence Award recognizes the continued dedication and service to Kappa Kappa Psi by alumni brothers who are neither elected nor appointed members of the fraternity’s National Leadership. The Kappa Kappa Psi Alumni Association seeks to recognize unsung heroes who exemplify the honor of service within our fraternity through their devotion of time, energy, and spirit while volunteering as advisors, mentors, and role models, their professional advice and networking support to other members of our fraternity, and their encouragement of active brothers toward greater participation and growth in band programs and as members of Kappa Kappa Psi. The Kappa Kappa Psi Alumni Association confers the award to one recipient each biennium, with this recognition made at National Convention.
The Kappa Kappa Psi Alumni Association is proud to announce the nominees for the 2017 Scott Stowell Award:
- Marc Bowers – Life Member, Beta Sigma (University of Houston)
- Christopher Carpenter – Life Member, Omicron (West Virginia University)
- Jennifer Costello – Life Member, Alpha Omega (University of Pittsburgh)
- Dan Everard – Life Member, Eta Omicron (James Madison University)
- Sarah Lambert Fitzgerald – Life Member, Iota Delta (Towson University)
- Kelly Hooper Miller – Life Member, Omicron (West Virginia University)
- Edward Savoy – Life Member, Eta Alpha / Eta Omicron (Lock Haven University / James Madison University)
- Dr. Jessica Finlay-Schultz – Alumni Member, Alpha Iota (University of Colorado)
We would like to thank each of these Brothers for their continued service to the Fraternity and our collegiate bands, and look forward to recognizing the 2017 Scott Stowell Award recipient in Orlando this July.