As Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma have moved forward, both organizations have had to confront the realities of risk management. Among those realities is the need to make sure that everyone who takes part in the offerings of our active organizations must be sharing in the cost of insurance, and registering as a participant who follows our policies, just as our active members must do for their participation.
From this point forward, for all six districts’ conventions and the National Convention, alumni attending conventions must have either a Life Membership or a current Kappa Kappa Psi Alumni Association or Tau Beta Sigma Alumni Association membership.
We recognize questions may arise, and encourage you to send them to your National President or other members of your National Council.
- I’m a member of my local alumni association. Does that work? You’ll need to be a member of either the Kappa Kappa Psi Alumni Association or the Tau Beta Sigma Alumni Association.
- Can I buy an alumni association membership on the site of the convention? No. You should arrange to send your payment for that membership to National Headquarters by the registration deadline for the convention you plan to attend.
- What about special speakers and guests for the convention? District and National Conventions will from time to time bring in speakers who are not members. We encourage this to continue. Any such speaker must be approved by the Governors or Counselor(s) for your district, as well as the respective National President. We recognize this to be a limited number of people for any convention.
- What about Directors and Sponsors? As we have for many years, we welcome directors of bands from our current chapters and their sponsors of record (those registered with National Headquarters).
- What about Honorary Members? An honorary card will not be sufficient to attend convention. However, honorary members may be a part of their organization’s alumni association.
- I just graduated. How can I afford it? The Kappa Kappa Psi Alumni Association grants one year of free membership to new graduates. Your chapter needs to complete the Graduating Senior Report to make that happen.